The specific works proposed include:
- Re-aligning and repaving the pedestrian crossings at the junction of Summerley and Trewint Streets to improve pedestrian and cycle safety;
- Re-paving the approach to the bridge on Trewint Street to tie in with improvements undertaken by Wandsworth Council on adjacent streets in 2015.
- Introducing planting within the new paved build outs and pedestrian refuge, to include new rain gardens and street trees.
- Introducing Wandle Valley Regional Park signage.
- Replacing the existing worn railings at the bridge entrance and across the bridge;
- Re-surface the road across the bridge to provide an even and consistent finish.
- Re-surface the riverside trail from the bridge to match the trail further along.
- Improve the access point between the bridge and the Wandle Trail itself.
- Undertake improvements to the riverside vegetation;
- Undertake an art project to transform the bare concrete wall to one side of the trail;
- Upgrade the five lamp columns along the trail up to the borough boundary.
We are very pleased that this application was successful and another part of our ward can be improved. The work will start in late October and is due to be completed in December.